Thursday, January 8, 2015

32 weeks - BIG UPDATE ON BABY C (edited)

Just call me Goodyear


How far along? 32 weeks!  If baby C comes today, her chances of having a brain bleed (which is common in preemies) is drastically reduced.
What's happening with  baby? Baby should be almost 4 pounds.... should be.
Total weight gain: I'd weigh myself but the scale is allll the way upstaaaaaaairs sooo... no.
Maternity clothes?  Shirts for sure. Yoga pants are still awesome but my nurse gave me her old maternity jeans and they are amazing :)
Stretch marks? Nope but still watching for them... also watching for my belly button to pop, which should happen any second now. Seriously. One more dinner and I think I'll have an outie (update: had dinner, still an innie).
Sleep: You know the term "slept like a baby?"  Really, that term should mean that YOU DON'T SLEEP.  Anyway, that's what I've been doing - sleeping like a baby. Up every two hours to pee. I asked my husband if he would help clean me up if I pee the bed, because I've almost done it about ten times now.  He said yes. What a guy.
Miss Anything? Breathing like a normal human being.

Difficulties this week: It's Conner and Benjamin's birthday week.  It's in two days.  I am dedicated to my little girl, but you can imagine how focused I am on the boys right now.

In Baby C news, she had a growth scan today.  She has dropped drastically in size.  My doctors thought originally that this might just be genetic, but every time she is measured, her rate of growth decreases.  This signals that something is wrong, probably with her placenta. It could be aging prematurely, and we don't know when it will decide to stop working. She definitely has IUGR. My OB called the MFM today for a consult, and they have decided that they are going to monitor her three times a week now instead of twice.  In addition, she will have another growth scan in three weeks (January 29th ish).  At that time, my OB and MFM will decide when to deliver her.  We could deliver as early as 35 weeks, or as late as 39 weeks.  Of course, I hope it is 39 weeks.  However, it may be safer for baby girl to be on the outside than on the inside right now.  She needs nourishment to grow, and she is not getting enough from my crappy placenta.  What I fear is, although 35-39 weeks is good (great?) gestation, she will be small - so she will have more problems that the average NICU baby at her age.  She'll have more trouble regulating her body temperature, etc.  And they won't let her go home until she reaches a goal weight.  I'll probably deliver her, and they'll take her straight to the NICU. I fear I won't even get to hold her right away.  

Movement: Ohhhh yeaaaaaah.  As I'm typing, she's kicking me right under the boobs.  How the heck did you get up there, little girl?
Food cravings/aversions: DID YOU KNOW THEY STILL MAKE KOALA YUMMIES?!  But they are found in the asian grocery stores lol.  My friends got me some and I am super excited.
Symptoms: Swelling is not as bad as it has been (thanks to me constantly cleaning the house, my circulation has never been better).  But I am tired all the time - I need like, two naps a day and I sleep in as long as I can now.
Looking forward to: Baby girl's last piece of furniture coming in on Tuesday!  Finally!  Nursery can start getting really organized now... maybe... I'm really procrasinating on this one.

25 comments:

  1. Glad you are being monitored so closely! You definitely look bigger every week and she is an active little gal so that is reassuring. My RAOK is ready to roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I'm definitely growing - I kinda am hesitant to step on a scale now!

      Delete
  2. you're looking fabulous! tell your placenta to Get It's Shit Together!!
    (but seriously - I hope Baby Girl keeps safely baking, and she arrives healthy, however early that may be... like you said, if it's actually safer for her to be on the outside, I'm just sure there's some talented loving hands in a NICU somewhere to care for BG!)
    (And sending SO many hugs and prayers as you prepare for, and go through tomorrow, the day Benjamin & Connor were born...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending big prayers your way for baby girl. I pray you get to hold on until 39 weeks. It is scary to induce to take the baby out early, I was induced with Ellie at 39 weeks due to her slow growth as well, yes she was tiny at 5 lbs 5 oz but she was strong. She was similar to baby C- nice strong kicks. How are your NSTs? Has she been very active during them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gives me a lot of hope, thank you for sharing! She has been active during NSTs, but some days she is very sleepy and it worries us. She's been passing NSTs and BIOs with flying colors, regardless, so that is reassuring :)

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to hear the news about Baby C's growth. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for the absolute best (whether in or out) so she can grow. I SO wish you had a completely uneventful pregnancy this time around. ((Hugs)).
    I am also looking forward to my RAOK tomorrow for the boys. I hope you are doing okay in these days leading up to Conner and Benjamin's birthday. I have been thinking of you lots. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh. I just wrote a long comment and it didn't post :( Pretty much the gist of it was, you've got this. I know it's difficult when EVERYTHING is tough and not one part is easy. I'm feeling the same way with Raegan's medical problems. The NICU can be a hard place as well, but a blessing too. Those nurses are going to love your little girl as their own. I am going to be saying big prayers when she's born for your whole family to be strong and united as you navigate the NICU. Stay strong sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when that happens! Blogger needs a bug fix. And thank you so much. Hope you and Raegan are doing well!

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about her growth. I know you must be very worried but I am sending you many well wishes for strength and light. At least you and baby will be monitored and everyone will be on top of this. Sending you many wishes and keeping Conne and Benjamin in my thoughts this week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to see all the struggles you are having but am also so happy (and relieved) to see you have made it to 32 weeks. That is a great milestone! I had a 34 weeker due to preeclampsia (so crappy placenta x2). She was whisked away after I had her and I didn't get to hold her for 4 days. That was very hard but I tried to keep it in perspective and know how darn lucky I was to be in my position. I wish you had the perfect pregnancy and the perfect delivery. You certainly deserve it! But you are in the final stretches and baby girl will be in your arms soon (not too soon), even if she has to spend some nicu time. And from my nicu experience, iugr babies tend to act more like their gestational age than weight. So even if she is very small, making it to 32 weeks and beyond is wonderful! Thinking of you in the weeks to come, and hoping the placenta keeps working and baby girl can keep cooking for many more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great milestone, thank you! Thank you for sharing that story with me. It gives me hope. I remember thinking with Conner and Ben, how I would have died to see them in the NICU and then come home healthy. I prayed we would get a chance to get them to the NICU. So I know that this is not a worst case scenario with Baby C. Thank you for your support!

      Delete
  8. Thinking of you all today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday boys- were thinking of you & always will remember- we're so sorry for the circumstances but thank you for bringing us all together. Sending big hugs to you, your mama, dad & baby sister. All our love, Lynn, T, baby Brooke & her guardian angels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. It's still January 10th here in CA... Big huge hugs❤️

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! So sweet. <3

      Delete
  10. P.P.S. You & baby girl are doing great- 32w?!?! Time's flying... baby girl will do great & so will you Krystal- so glad they're doing the extra monitoring too... we're thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic! I'm so sorry that you and Baby C are dealing with IUGR. I am really glad to hear that they will be monitoring you guys very closely though. Hopefully, she can stay in there for several more weeks but I know that you guys are both fighters and will make the best of it whenever she needs/decides to come out. I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    I'm also saying an extra prayer for you, Conner and Benjamin this week <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stinkin Blogger - this was my original post, but it wasn't until later that I realized Blogger only posted PART of what I wrote, so I apologize! Thank you so much for your support and prayers!

    ReplyDelete