Thursday, August 21, 2014

12 weeks and HELLO BABY!

Not my best picture, but I was in a mood this morning


How far along? 12 weeks
What's happening with  baby? Baby has reflexes!  S/he can respond if I poke at my belly, even though I can't feel it yet.  Baby is the size of a lime!
Total weight gain: I don't want to talk about it... but I've been calling this baby "fat baby."  I really mean it in an endearing way, I swear.
Maternity clothes?  Nope but my fat jeans fit me pretty nicely this week.  Crap.
Stretch marks? Not yet... but I won't be surprised if I get them with this pregnancy.
Sleep: Last night I didn't get up to pee. Not once.  Unbelievable.  It was the greatest sleep ever.
Best moment this week:  TODAY!!! We got to see little Baby C.  As soon as the ultrasound tech put the wand to my belly, Baby C was stretching and rolling and punching.  It was almost like s/he didn't like being photographed.  Little baby held an arm out, like it was guarding against the ultrasound. This one is a little gymnast, for sure.  Conner and Ben did not move this much at 12 weeks when we saw them.  At one point, baby rolled over to face us.  If you've seen this in an early ultrasound before, then you know how creepy it can be because you can see little baby's brain.  I was in total awe.  This baby has arms!!!  I mean, its my second pregnancy and third baby so you would think I wouldn't be so shocked at the fact that my baby had limbs but nonetheless, yeah, I'm pretty enthralled.  I should probably add that I think the baby is a boy now, so turns out I'm not so sure what s/he is.


Doesn't Baby C look like a mermaid here???  Haaaahaha

Miss Anything?  My cute clothes.  My options are pretty limited right now.
Differences between Baby C and Conner and Ben at this point:  Well, the nausea is back and the pregnancy acne has begun, so at this point they're pretty similar.  Ben also did not like ultrasounds (it was so hard to get a gender read on that little guy) so he and Baby C have that in common.  I remember him trying to move away from the ultrasound. Conner was more of the "flashy" baby  - "here's my weiner, mom!"
Emotions:  So moody, and not the good kind.
Difficulties this week:  I saw a Babies R Us catalog stand at our OB's office.  They always have stuff that the pregnant women can take home with them.  I used to get so excited with Conner and Ben, but this time I looked at the catalog and looked away.  Too early.  Maybe once I hit the third trimester, I'll start planning.
Movement: Apparently A LOT.  But I can't feel it yet.
Food cravings/aversions:  Tim bought me strawberry glazed donuts today.  I feel guilty.  I'm going to try to eat healthier.
Symptoms: Cranky, tired, nausea, acne, bloating... oh my.
Labor Signs:  Nah.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  SO MOODY.  Stay out of my way, people.  Unless you have food, then we can talk.
Looking forward to:  Our ultrasound next week!  We get one every week with my cervical checks.  Pros and cons to everything, right?  Next week is also our NT scan so I'm a bit nervous, but I love seeing this little nugget in action!

14 comments:

  1. LOL at the "here's my weiner!"
    a million "likes" for a "HELLO BABY!" ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your difficulties this week I can relate too! We didn't do anything for Isaac until 2 weeks before he was due and even then I wanted to keep the crib box "just in case" It's so different after a loss--but I promise, you will reach a point where you can't wait to shop--especially since I'm not convinced Baby Sandwich is a boy...but I really don't think it's a girl either, if that makes any sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BABY SANDWICH!!!! I forgot about that!!!! Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to have to revive that nickname :)

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful and so does baby C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi little mermaid :) Nice to see you! Sorry it's been a tough week emotion wise with the moodiness. So glad everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi baby!! It's so amazing how baby-like they already look at this point. I can't wait to hear about your NT scan next week - FX and prayers for a great scan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you and your little one are doing great as well!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I just thought of you the other day! I hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  7. Aww, Hi baby!!!!! You look amazing, and if those are your fat jeans then I'm screwed ;)

    12wks already, wow!! that's amazing!! I am soo glad you are doing so well, this just makes my heart super happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! You are like the same size as me!!!! and thank you :)

      Delete