I only cried once this Christmas - when my father-in -aw said grace and thanked God for our big family. We are, after all, minus two. My heart was breaking the entire day, over and over again, each time we uwrapped gifts for Baby C and not for Conner and Ben, each time I saw a baby or a child open their gifts, and each minute I looked into my arms only to find them empty.
Conner and Ben were born just over two weeks after Christmas. Just 16 days after we announced we were having boys. Just 4 days after my 29th birthday. Just 10 days shy of viability. The balloons from our gender reveal weren't even deflated by then.
Instead of taking home our excited, exhausted, and wide-eyed baby boys from Christmas festivities this year, we took home ornaments and books for them. I can only hope and pray that every year, our family remembers them the way that they did this Christmas.
It is Christmas, though, so I need to add some happy in here:
My dear friend Amanda, who lost her baby Nathaniel, sent us ornaments for Conner and Benjamin
When we donated to the library for Infant Loss Awareness, we received a list of books donated in Conner and Ben's names. We bought those books for them for Christmas.
Miranda's face as packaging went flying is priceless.
Boys bought me a new Kindle - I obviously love it. Tim and I decided not to buy each other anything this year so that we could "gift ourselves" a new couch instead. We kinda cheated by getting stuff for each other from the boys.
Boys bought daddy a new speaker!
Baby C's ornament is just awaiting her name!
Forever and ever.
More new books for our boys :)
My favorites for baby girl: a pink toolbox and a snowman filled with headbands and bows (all personalized, down to the minion bows, firefighter's daughter headbands, and Chicago Blackhawks clips!)
Not pictured: the rest of the stuff Baby Girl got. It barely fit into the truck. Spoiled girl already! If you are thinking of having a baby, I highly suggest being pregnant during Christmas. You won't even need a baby shower afterwards!
Awwww look at you, you look amazing!!! Merry Christmas and I'm sure the boys and Jack are having their own holiday celebration up in heaven today :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I know they had a better Christmas in heaven than any earthly celebration.
DeleteYou look so great girl. It is so hard when the days aren't what we thought they would be at the beginning of the year - I am on that boat too. My first babe should be about 5 months now. :( It is so hard. But I hope you were able to enjoy some good moments. The ornaments are just precious and your Miranda is so cute. Sending you lots of hugs, light and strength.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope you found some happy moments this year as well. I know they are few and far between with losses like ours.
DeleteHugs, love and Merry Christmas <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteYou too (belated, sorry!)
DeleteAww! Look at all that loot! How fun! Christmas, or just holidays in general are hard when you're missing your little ones, totally understand that. I am glad you allowed yourself to feel what needed to be felt.
ReplyDeleteMerry (late) Christmas sweet friend!! XOXO
Merry late Christmas to you as well! Sending lots of love
DeleteMerry Christmas to you (late, of course). I was thinking of you, YH, your boys and Baby C this Christmas. I found it a bit hard as well and on the flip side I did not receive ONE thing from anyone for either of my babies this Christmas. That is so funny that it was the complete opposite in my world. I hope receiving gifts for (and from) the boys warmed your heart a little. ((Hugs)) as always. And yay yay YAY for making it to 30 weeks!!!!
ReplyDeleteMerry late Christmas to you as well! I am so sorry that you didn't receive anything for either of your babies... I really wish that there was more sensitivity around the holidays. But know that your little Petey is in my heart, and your rainbow is in my prayers.
Delete